Roller Rink

Prior to the opening of Fontaine Ferry Park a bicycle track was constructed on the site.  When the park opened in 1905 the bicycle track was replaced by the Dancing Pavilion.  It was then converted into the Roller Rink in the 1930s.  In 1937 it was used for medical attention and housing people during the flood.  During that time, it appeared that Fontaine Ferry Park was sitting on an island.  With the exception of the Velvet Racer's flood destruction, the entire park remained dry.