Transportation to Fontaine Ferry
The trolley lines were extended to the Fontaine Ferry resort area in 1895. The Louisville Railway Co. operated the lines for the entire time Fontaine Ferry Park was open. In the 1940s, the president of The Louisville Railway Co., Mr. Hauser, called Jack Singheiser, Fontaine Ferry's president and requested payment for electric usage from the past 40 years. He asked Mr. Singheiser for $186,444.50. Evidently, Mr Singheiser thought the request was a joke. Mr. Singheiser asked if he realised that Fontaine Ferry Park had been using current during that time. The response was no.